Throughout the year, Meerkerk offers classes, educational programming, and special events.
- Native Plant Class . March 10 . 10am - noon pm
Come and learn about native plants at this highly popular class by Don Lee
- Spring Nursery Sale. March 17 and 18 (exclusive pre-sale open to Friends of Meerkerk, Friday 16, 3-5pm)
We will have the biggest inventory of the season available.
- Botany Adventure March - June
Meerkerk Gardens' environmental program in conjunction with Island schools
- Mother's Day Concert. May 13, noon - 4pm
Don't miss this ever-popular event. Bring a picnic or buy food on site.
- Purple Passion Sale. June 2nd and 3rd,
Come shopping and get 20% percent off
- Rhododendron Care Class. July 7th 10am - noon
Discover how easy it is to care for your plants
- Fairy Making Magic. July 14, 10am - 2pm
For children, grand children and young-at-heart adults of all ages. Spend a fun day making fun fairy things
- Wine & Rhodies Gala Benefit . August 4, 6:30 - 9:00 . $75 per person
This year, we are back at the Dancing Fish winery. Come out and support Meerkerk Gardens and enjoy delicious food, delectable wine, and entertainment for the evening.
- Bluegrass in the Gardens . August 18, Noon - 4:30 pm
Bring a picnic lunch or purchase some BBQ foods while listening to three great NW Bluegrass bands in the Presentation Grounds. Bring your dog on leash $15/person. Children 16 and under FREE Admission. Tickets purchased at the door.
Music Line Up:
Noon - 1:00 pm TBA
1:30 - 2:30 pm TBA
3:00 - 4:00 pm TBS
- Fall Plant Sale . September 1st and 2nd. 10:00 - 3:00 pm
Great weekend to come and purchase your fall plants. Rhodies love to be planted in the fall. Come and get some great deals on rhodies, azaleas, and companion plants!
- Learn to Propagate Rhododendrons Class . October 13 . 10:00 - Noon
Nursery Manager, Susie Reynolds will demonstrate how to take cuttings and successfully propagate rhodies from your yard. Great way to increase your rhody collection and you will have "hands-on" training to learn the techniques.
October Fest October 20th 10am - 4pm
This is the close of season sale where you can get great end of season bargains on plants. We will have warm drinks and displays and products from other vendors.