Throughout the year, Meerkerk offers classes, educational programming, and special events.
- Native Plant Class . March 10 . 10am - noon pm
Come and learn about native plants at this highly popular class by Don Lee
- Spring Nursery Sale. March 17 and 18 (exclusive pre-sale open to Friends of Meerkerk, Friday 16, 3-5pm)
We will have the biggest inventory of the season available.
- Botany Adventure March - June
Meerkerk Gardens' environmental program in conjunction with Island schools
- Pruning Workshop with Masa Mizuno. more details
- Mother's Day Concert. May 13, noon - 4pm
Looking for a great way to celebrate Mother’s Day? Every year Meerkerk Gardens hosts a Mother’s Day concert and this year is no exception. On May 13th we will have music and pies as usual. Join us for a wonderful afternoon of music at the Gazebo against a backdrop of Puget Sound. Coffee and Whidbey Pies will be available and you are welcome to bring along a picnic. Whether it’s your first time, or you have attended in the past, you will not want to miss this once-a-year event. Coinciding with Mother’s Day, this time of year is the peak season for rhododendron flowers – and this year the display is spectacular! Come early to see the flowers before the event.
Admission is $10. The music line up for this year includes:
12:00 – 1:00 Kai Lund Olsen on guitar with drums
1:30 – 2:30 Doug Roraback – guitar and vocal
3:00 – 4:00 Darringers Darlings
- Purple Passion Sale. June 2nd and 3rd,
Come shopping and get 20% percent off
- Rhododendron Care Class. July 7th 10am - noon
Discover how easy it is to care for your plants
- Fairy Making Magic. July 14, 10am - 2pm
For children, grand children and young-at-heart adults of all ages. Spend a fun day making fun fairy things
- Wine & Rhodies Gala Benefit . August 4, 5:30 - 9:00 . $75 per person
This year, we are back at the Dancing Fish winery. Come out and support Meerkerk Gardens and enjoy delicious food, delectable wine, and entertainment for the evening.
- Bluegrass in the Gardens . August 18, Noon - 4:30 pm
Bring a picnic lunch or purchase some BBQ foods while listening to three great NW Bluegrass bands in the Presentation Grounds. Bring your dog on leash $15/person. Children 16 and under FREE Admission. Tickets purchased at the door.
Music Line Up:
Noon - 1:00 pm TBA
1:30 - 2:30 pm TBA
3:00 - 4:00 pm TBS
- Fall Plant Sale . September 1st and 2nd. 10:00 - 3:00 pm
Great weekend to come and purchase your fall plants. Rhodies love to be planted in the fall. Come and get some great deals on rhodies, azaleas, and companion plants!
- Learn to Propagate Rhododendrons Class . October 13 . 10:00 - Noon
Nursery Manager, Susie Reynolds will demonstrate how to take cuttings and successfully propagate rhodies from your yard. Great way to increase your rhody collection and you will have "hands-on" training to learn the techniques.
October Fest October 20th 10am - 4pm
This is the close of season sale where you can get great end of season bargains on plants. We will have warm drinks and displays and products from other vendors.